Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Futureshop Update

This is about one week too late, but I just haven't been motivated to post an update to my previous post.

As per my previous post I had an unpleasant time at Futureshop trying to get a replacement for my PS3 which had broken down and had not been fixed after 60 days, so I sent off the email which was in my previous post. Here is what happened after I sent off the email.

Approximately two hours after I sent the email I received a reply telling me that my email was being forwarded to the appropriate people at the store in question and I was told to wait 48 business hours for a reply. This was on a Friday, so 48 business hours would mean that I would have to wait until end of Tuesday at the earliest to know if they would do anything. I wasn't expecting much. In fact, I was planning on sending another email on Monday just to remind them how pissed I was and that I wanted something done.

However since some things came up I didn't get around to send another email which turned out to be OK in the end. Shortly before 5:00pm on Tuesday I get a phone call from the store where I dropped off the PS3 to be fixed telling me that I can pass by and pick up a brand new system.

So I head over there and they hand me a brand new system. End of story. Happy ending and all that other good stuff.

The only thing that pissed me off while I was there was how the exchange was treated like the normal thing to do. It had passed 60 days so they gave me a brand new system. Yet the last time I had been there they had refused to do it.

So in the end I got a new system, its just unfortunate that I had to send an email to their head office for them to do what they should have done in the first place. Its unfortunate they try to cheat their customers this way, but its also good to know that they care enough about your money that you can get things done if you go out of your way.

I certainly won't be buying the service plan from them ever again, but in time I might start to buy a few items at their stores again. I'm just glad I didn't have a PS3 with backwards compatibility or I would have lost it.

No comments: